[Sussex] Everything going well until

David Chapman linux-lists at ntlworld.com
Mon Apr 11 09:08:03 UTC 2005

I was trying to setup an NFS server for my Myth box.
36Gb scsi drive for mp3's and a Maxtor 160Gb (/dev/hdb1) for video and an 8gb
(/dev/hda1) for the system.
Everything was going well until I decided that /dev/hdb1 would be better off
as /dev/hdc1 (secondary master) pushing the idc connector back on pushed 1 of
the pins in breaking the soldered joint from the pcb.

So now I have no storage for my recordings.

 Q	How long is the warranty on hard drives.
	Is this damage covered.
 Q	Where might I get it soldered back on. It's not difficult to get to or see
just very very small.
Q	Where to get a new drive (cheap)