[Sussex] HDPARM

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Tue Apr 12 12:41:14 UTC 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 11:35:39AM +0100, Angelo Servini wrote:
> Ive discovered a link that shows how to get extra performance from
> your Hard Disk drive called HDPARM.  Watch out though, it can damage
> your filesystem.  Anyone have any experience of using this facility?

I thought most of the advice these days was that you didn't need it?

Just turn on your chipset's driver in the kernel and let it work out if
you should or shouldn't turn on UDMA and optimise appropriately.

[25 lines of sig and pointless disclaimer snipped]

--
----------( "The claw chooses who will go and who will stay" )----------
Simon ----(                                                  )---- Nomis