[Sussex] Mail for Nik

Geoffrey J. Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Tue Apr 12 15:06:28 UTC 2005

steve at dobson.org writes:

> Oh Venerable Master

Grasshopper, when you can take the pebble from my hand you have
learned.

>> Grasshopper, remember that the mighty tiger is also a cat.
>
> It is true what you say.  With encryption compression too do you get.

You do not attain mastery by repeating the masters actions.

> But is it not also said: "Do one task and do it well"?  The ssh(1) command
> is doing encryption.  But if plain rsh(1) I used less CPU would I use.  But
> plain rsh(1) is a network protocol that is bad.  Passwords in plain text
> are they sent.  So plain rsh(1), on principle, I not use.

Ah, the as the mantis eats her mate so you have turned on rsh.  Ssh
being stronger has escaped your jaws.

>> A tiger at the top of a cliff can pounce further than one at the
>> bottom.
>
> But if land on rock and twist angle much slower to the prey would it not
> be?

I have meditated on this and I say these things.  We must center
ourselves and find QOS tools and network infrastructure so that we may
be like the wily leopard and avoid the latency of the lumbering tiger.

>> And now you are enlightened. :-)
>
> No, I have many more questions great master.

Grasshopper, it is true that when you can take the pebble from my hand you have
learned, but When you know you are able to and do not, you are a master.

--
Geoff Teale
CMed Technology            -   gteale at cmedresearch.com
Free Software Foundation   -   tealeg at member.fsf.org