[Sussex] New Flyer for the BCF

steve at dobson.org steve at dobson.org
Wed Apr 13 15:48:49 UTC 2005

Colin

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 03:25:29PM +0100, Colin Tuckley wrote:
> Steve Dobson wrote:
> > Last month we ran out of flyers for the BCF stand.
>
> "The most popular OS is Windows, which is now the highest single ..."
>
> I think you need the word "cost" in there somewhere.

I would agree with that.

> "... by giving away the source code for free others can made changes and
> improvements that befit ..."
>
> make instead of made

Corrected.

> benefit instead of befit

Corrected.

> Heading - "Who uses Linux ?"
>
> remove the space from before the question mark

Corrected.

> "Linux is not just found in PCs."
>
> "on" rather than "in"

Up for debate.  If I change the first "in" to "on" then shouldn't
I also change it for "Linux is found in devices as small as..." too?
If I do then that sounds bad to me, so I think it is best if I don't
make that change.  But what do people who's English is better than
mine think?

> Heading "Can I Install Knoppix?"
>
> install should not have a capital I

I disagree.  This is a title, the title of the section below.  I think
that capitalisation is allowed in titles.  You didn't ask for the case
to be change in "When and Where is SLUG?"  Mine you, I wasn't either so I
have now changed all words in the titles to Capitalised.  Again I'm not
sure this is right your comments please.

> The document also seems to be 4 pages long with two of them being blank for
> some reason

I noticed that too.  It was bad setup of mine tying to get the page size
and orientation.  I needed to correct all the places I had configured things
wrong before I found the settings I wanted.

The new version is back up:
  http://www.sussex.lug.org.uk/flyer.sxw