[Sussex] Mail client suggestions

Paul Howard phowardcom at mac.com
Wed Apr 13 20:38:19 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 20:39 +0100, Alan F wrote:
> The IMAP support in thunderbird on my parents
> Windows machine seems fairly speedy to my courier-imap (maildir)
> server, so I'm thinking it's either your network or IMAP server being
> slow (I actually noticed a big speed increase when I moved my maildir
> to a faster disk).
>
> Alan

My IMAP server is not hosted locally - its a .mac account address so
it's hosted by Apple. All locally accessed IMAP accounts work fine -
it's just remote hosted ones that are slow.

Apples own mail client doesn't seem to be as slow as most of the Linux
based clients I have used.

--
Paul Howard

sip: 1-747-2444266