[Sussex] Mail client suggestions

Geoffrey Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Thu Apr 14 07:24:24 UTC 2005

He, he... I use GNUS at work - it's the _most_ user friendly, powerful
combined mail and news client out there (that is if you happen to be an
emacs fiend, otherwise it's probably a pain in the but).

... but seriouisly folks... I'd recommend going back to Evolution simply
because the "next generation" linux desktops that are starting to emerge
around the freedesktop.org standard integrate very nicely around the
evolution data server which all sounds very dull but makes for a very
useful level of integration in the current desktop (something more akin
to a BeOS or Mac OS X experience).

I'm using evolution here right now to take advantage of some of those
features in some small workflow programs I'm hacking on.

--
Geoffrey Teale <tealeg at member.fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation