[Sussex] New Flyer for the BCF

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Thu Apr 14 12:55:41 UTC 2005

Andrew

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 01:34:15PM +0100, Andrew Guard wrote:

> What is SLUG?
>
> The Sussex Linus Users' Group provides support to Linux and Open Source
> enthusiasts...
>
> I dont know but should "support to Linux" be "support for Linux"
> also "and Open Source" be "and other Open Source"

Corrected.

> Well I dont like the word "enthusiasts" by using this word it sound like
> you have to be enthusiasts, also the word "user" is bad word.  But I
> dont have an idea what could be a better word or a better way of putting it.

Why should we be called "enthusiasts"?  Given that it is "not easy" to
get a system pre-installed with Linux I think we could be described as
"very interested" in Linux.

> Plus we have to something about that blank space on page 1 at bottom
> left area.

I agree about the white space.  I inserted a paragraph at the end of "Who
Uses Linux?" to fill out the page one copy.

ALL:  Can you all take one last look at the flyer.  I've made some
changes to the title and I think we now almost completely agree on
the copy.  It prints out find on my B&W laser and I can fold it into
three making it an easy handout.

If there are no more suggestions or comments then I think we can consider
it ready for the printers.

You are an insult to my intelligence!  I demand that you log off immediately.