[Sussex] (no subject)

paul at paulgraydon.co.uk paul at paulgraydon.co.uk
Thu Apr 14 18:24:01 UTC 2005

This is a forwarded message from another e-mail list I'm on, and this
interesting question came up, the only thing that springs to mind is
that dynabolic thing-a-majig I got on the front cover of a Linux
magazine a while back, but that's an entire LiveDisc solution.  I'm
going to dig it up again and see whats on it.

Being a programmer by trade, I prefer Linux over any other OS out there.

I especially can't stand Windows! I was quite excited about OSX when it
came out because of it's roots in another great Unix based OS, FreeBSD.
I've even been hoping for an x86 port of OSX... It doesn't look like
that will happen. I haven't actually tried OSX, but it looks nice. It
probably has a lot of the development tools I've come to love on my
Linux machines.... I just wish Macs weren't so expensive! Now I'm going
to have to choose between a powerbook or a Schecter C1-SH guitar!

I've tried on more than one occasion to use my Linux machine for doing
simple recordings. I even bought an M-Audio Delta 66 card that is known
to work well with Linux. It just takes too many steps from startup to
hitting the record button. I want something simple and GarageBand looks
like it could be simple enough.

Anyone on the list have experience with recording on a Mac or Linux?