[Sussex] Wireless woes

Andrew Guard andrew at andrewguard.com
Fri Apr 15 05:41:03 UTC 2005

Rupert Swarbrick wrote:
> Been faffing around trying to get the new wireless router working. It
> works. Good.
>
> Now to get linux to see it.
> I got the card working - wlan0 appears.
> iwlist shows the network.
> I've switched off encryption.
>
> But even given the right ESSID, the mac address shown for AP is 0.0.0....
>
> I'm completely stumped. It's a crappy .b card, but I've enabled
> mixed-mode on the router. Could it be something to do with that?
>
> Any other ideas?

Sorry can not help.

But I total bypass this issue all together, I would cheat as such.  I
would use a device such as Wireless Bridge unit,  In fact I already do
this with my PS2 instead of have wires all over my pad.  I use a Linksys
WAP54G unit rather cheap.  Well it is Access Point but can be configured
to work as Wireless Bridge, it also cheaper then buying a Wireless Bridge.

OK to spell it out to you, form Wireless Bridge it use a slandered
Ethernet cable to computer network card.  No drivers to worry about that
way, ever.