[Sussex] Up and comming moot talks

Fleming, Frances Frances.Fleming at edfenergy.com
Fri Apr 15 10:17:48 UTC 2005

Steve, Hi there!

On Thu Apr 14 22:37:29 BST 2005, Steve Dobson wrote:
> If you would like to give one of the lightning talks, or any talk
> then please contact me on- or off-list

I'd kind of like to do a ten minute presentation by way of practice
for the next fair ... :)

I've got a single 10-minute presentation covering interaction between:
     Writer
     Calc
     Karbon14
     Firefox

And then four separate app-specific demos (10 mins each for
Writer/Calc/Karbon14 and 3 mins for Firefox)

All very, very basic.

In a nutshell, for the all-in-one presentation: I grab tabulated data
from the Firefox browser; paste into Calc; do some manipulation; create

a basic automatic pivot and chart. Then I grab text and images from
Firefox; paste into Writer; do layout and style manipulation. In
Karbon14, I create a VERY basic drawing; put it into Writer;  move it
around; resize. Finally, put the Calc chart into Writer. This produces
a complete Writer document.

The separate demos go into a little more detail, e.g. demo the "text to
table"/"table to text" tool in Writer, and more; show use of formulae
in Calc, and more, including how to use the help; do a nicer set of
drawings in Karbon14; show use of tabbbed browsing and bookmarks in
Firefox.

For the fair, I thought I'd run the all-in-one, then I might do one of
the extras if the person expressed interest.

For the moot, I'd like to practice running through the all-in-one, if
people were willing to let me.

What do you think?

Best regards!
Frances

EDF Energy plc internet e-mail disclaimer
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be protected by legal privilege.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail from your system.
This e-mail has been scanned for malicious content but the internet is inherently insecure and EDF
Energy plc cannot accept any liability for the integrity of this message or its attachments. No employee
or agent of EDF Energy plc or any related company is authorised to conclude any binding agreement on
behalf of EDF Energy plc or any related company by e-mail. All e-mails sent and received by EDF Energy
plc are monitored to ensure compliance with the company's information security policy.