[Sussex] Multiple Linux disks

Stephen Williams sdp.williams at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 15 11:12:49 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 15:43 +0100, Brendan Whelan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In my development system I have two versions of Fedora and one of
> RedHat 8, each on it's own SCSI disk. To switch between the systems I
> shutdown and then connect the appropriate drive before restarting. Is
> there a simple way to have all disks connected as, say, SCSI 0, SCSI 1
> and SCSI 2 and to select which I want to use at boot time.

If you send me your current /boot/grub/grub.conf (or menu.lst) file, the
locations of the necessary kernels and the disk configurations (fdisk
-l /dev/sd?) I'll write you out a new grub.conf file for your config,
with the additional boot options commented out, so you can modify to
suit yourself.

Steve W.