[Sussex] Sign up for the Moot NOW!

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Wed Apr 27 12:25:12 UTC 2005

John

On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 10:51 +0100, Jon Fautley wrote:
> Steve Dobson wrote:
> > Just a reminder that could anyone coming to the Moot tomorrow
> > to sign up now.
> >     http://sussex.uthink.co.uk/moots.php
> > or e-mail me if you can't use the above link.
>
> Done, although I'm a member, but it makes the numbers look bigger,
> doesn't it ;)

That depends - there are always a few that sign up but don't turn up.
So if you were to turn up but not sign up then that would make our
percentage look good.  I never go by the list - always by the number
of people in the room.

> I also note the lack of Red Hat on the distro's page :O

When I did the distro page I put a call for copy on the like and
advantages of everyones distros.  Most of the e-mails I got back
said when people installed their distro, which was not what I was
after.

As far as I'm concerned this LUG is run by its members, for their
own purposes.  It is not anyone's job to go out and do anythink
they don't want it.  But don't compain if things arn't the way you
would like them - do something about it.  Post it to this list so
that we can all contibute to the idea.  That is the F/OSS way.
That is the way I did the flyer!  The flyer is a group effort,
and better because of it.

So, Jon, if you would like a RedHat section on the distros page
then sit down and write the copy.  Or walk to the other side of
the office and have the RedHat PR dept do it for you! :-)
Is should be short (about a paragrah) but it can link to any
RedHat page you want - and have the RedHat logo by it too, I
see no problem with that.