[Sussex] Partitioning reshuffle + Possible Distro Change (maybe)?

Thomas Adam thomas at edulinux.homeunix.org
Wed Apr 27 17:17:42 UTC 2005

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 10:52:53AM +0100, John D. wrote:
> My final q? is that how "testing" is testing??
>
> i.e. while "they" seem to take a long time to move packages from
> unstable to stable, do they also take forever to move packages from
> testing to unstable?

I'll refer you to a piece of text I wrote some time last year [1].  You
have the order the wrong way around, anyway, packages go from:

(Incoming) -> Unstable -> Testing -> (Stable)

Packages go from Unstable -> Testing frequentish, depending on a number
of things.

> Thats one thing that I appreciate with gentoo. It doesn't seem to take
> them too long to test to a satisfactory level (I don't have many,
> if any real problems at the moment), which over rides the slight

Different models;  different methods.

-- Thomas Adam

 [1] http://edulinux.homeunix.org/~n6tadam/README.nick
--
"One of us is a cigar stand, and one of us is a lovely blue incandescent
guillotine" -- Stephen Malkmus, "Type Slowly" from "Brighten The Corners"