[Sussex] How to recover from a complete "balls up" ??

John D. john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk
Thu Apr 28 00:15:33 UTC 2005

John Crowhurst wrote:

>This site gives a step-by-step guide to doing a XP Repair install:
>http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
>
>Once you have done that, you can add your boot options to the boot.ini if
>you want to use the NT boot loader to load Linux.

Thanks for the link John, just starting to read it now. It'll give me a
few options, though I don't think that I'll have to use the NT
bootloader, because once I can get back into the XP, and it boots OK, I
should (in theory) be able to just put the windows bootloader back with
the mandrake disc and then just install (or re-install) the linux distro
afresh - which is what I think I'd have had to do anyway.

If I get stuck I'll "holler" (nothing new there though!).

regards

John D.