[Sussex] This is appalling... Dutch Pass iPod Tax

Andrew Guard andrew at andrewguard.com
Fri Apr 29 20:56:01 UTC 2005

> Just read this on slashdot:
>
> An anonymous reader writes /"The Register is reporting that in a few
> short months a proposal to tax all MP3 players in the Netherlands will
> become law
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/04/27/netherlands_ipod_tax/
>
> The levy taxes 3.28 euros ($4.30 US) for every gigabyte of capacity. This
> means a 60GB iPod Photo will be hit for an additional 196 euros ($258),
> all of it going to the record industry's copyright collection agencies.
> And they call file sharers thieves?"
>
> http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/05/04/29/0537213.shtml?tid=176&tid=98/

I say it the best thing they ever do.  It will show to public what pig's
this entermant lossers are.  The want PR this bad then they can have it ;)

Also I think that Open Source should make a clame to all this money.  Lot
of Open Source projects could be stored on this harddrives.  Now, think
about it ...
--
This e-mail has been edited with a webmail service.