[Sussex] Data Retention Is NO Solution

Andrew Guard andrew at andrewguard.com
Tue Aug 2 18:31:17 UTC 2005

First I should state that storing such info is totally pointless.  The
reason for this is they are easy ways around this making such information
unless.  Well say that have info of web sites you access, well that proves
nothing.  To be blunt there always of hiding web page access info ie tools
like TOR.

Well Europe is planing to using the the threat of terrorism to make sure
the Framework Decision on Data Retention goes through, meaning ISPs and
telcos will be compelled to collect data on you.

Because the conglomerates own most of the large corporate print and
electronic media outlets, they’re able to directly or indirectly control
them, which means to all intents and purposes, they have their fingers on
the volume controls.

To get an better idea on this issue I recomened reading.

http://www.dataretentionisnosolution.com/
http://p2pnet.net/story/5772
http://p2pnet.net/story/5774
http://tor.eff.org/

I think time we start writing to our MEP's again.

--
This e-mail has been edited with a webmail service.