[Sussex] hardware question about DVDR/DVDRW

John D. john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk
Sat Aug 6 15:06:30 UTC 2005

Dave Chapman wrote:
> john at johnsbox >cat /etc/fstab
>
> You will get a print out.  2 lines of which should be
>
> /dev/cdrecorder      /media/cdrecorder    subfs
> noauto,fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf8 0 0
>
> /dev/cdrecorder1      /media/cdrecorder    subfs
> noauto,fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf8 0 0
>
> 	(/dev/cdrecorder1 being the dvdrw)
> If you have not got /dev/cdrecorder1 the gui way to add it is with
> YaST2>Hardware>CDrom Drives
Cheers for that Dave,

After following your advice, it's added it like this:

/dev/cdrecorder      /media/cdrecorder    subfs
noauto,fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf8 0 0
/dev/dvd             /media/dvd           subfs
noauto,fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf8 0 0
/dev/fd0             /media/floppy        subfs
noauto,fs=floppyfss,procuid,nodev,nosuid,sync 0 0
/dev/dvdrecorder     /media/dvdrecorder   subfs
noauto,fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf8 0 0

Which I'm guessing is fine.

So should I now delete the /dev/dvd /media/dvd (the old dvdrom) etc etc
entry now too prevent confusion on my part, or just leave it there ???

regards

John D.