[Sussex] NTL broadband speed up

Jon Fautley jfautley at redhat.com
Mon Aug 8 12:49:36 UTC 2005

Simon Huggins wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 11:54:43AM +0100, Jon Fautley wrote:
>
>>Simon Huggins wrote:
>>
>>>Otherwise I'll just have to go live in France (http://adsl.free.fr).
>>
>>A mate of mine has that, and he says it's BLISTERINGLY fast. The set
>>top boxes run VideoLan server, and they supply a rebranded VLC to play
>>the downloaded programs. Full QoS on the link for VoD and VoIP - it's
>>ultraquick.
>

> Yes, a friend of mine too, grmbl.  Maybe I'll have to start les réseaux
> du chat noir soon... ;)

Start whatnow? ;)

The only French I know (and it serves me well) is: Ta Mere est une
Bonhomme de Neige :)

> Or I guess free could come over here and LLU or buy homechoice.

This is true - although I believe that BT are doing ASDL2 trial in - you
guessed it - Milton Keynes for their employees.

(It's MK because it's got the best telephone wiring the UK, and isn't
polluted by filth such as TPON and Alu. cables)

We shall wait and see if they ever roll it out over here :)

Jon
--
Jon Fautley <jfautley at redhat.com>     direct: +44 1483 739615
  Presales Technical Consultant        office: +44 1483 300169