[Sussex] FTP - Fedora core 3

Ronan Chilvers ronan at thelittledot.com
Wed Aug 10 13:18:55 UTC 2005

Hi Brendan

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:48:32 +0100
"Brendan Whelan" <b_whelan at mistral.co.uk> wrote:

<snip>
> Version wu-ftpd-2.6.2 - I downloaded the .tar.gz file and it
seemed to
> unpack cleanly when I double clicked on the file name.
</snip>

Any particular reason to compile directly from source?  Either wu-ftpd
or proftpd is included in pretty much every distribution there is.  How
about using your distro's package tools (isn't it yum with Fedora?).
You should be able to grab an RPM off the web and install it directly.
Is there a Fedorite out there who knows their way around yum?

> ./configure went through cleanly
>
> "make" failed, as shown below.
>
> I also tried other other methods e.g. ./build lnx, install all
> without any success.
>
> I presumat that I am doing smething silly any that someone will be
> able to point me in the right direction.

From that output it looks like some syntax errors in one of the source
files, which is strange.  Try doing a 'make distclean' then run
configure & make again.

Again I'm sure that you don't need to go through the chore of
installing it from source code.  I would look for a package for your
system either via yum or from somewhere like www.rpmfind.net.

Cheers

Ronan