[Sussex] FTP - Fedora core 3

Ronan Chilvers ronan at thelittledot.com
Thu Aug 11 08:10:16 UTC 2005

Hi Brendan

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:22:02 +0100
"Brendan Whelan" <b_whelan at mistral.co.uk> wrote:

> Many thanks to all those who responded  - vsftpd appeared to be
> installed (because yum just hung). vsftpd just needed starting.

Great!  Although yum hanging sounds strange!!!

> I have successfully managed to FTP files between two systems and I am
> now setting the account and firewall protections.

Great again!!  However, I don't think firewalling is really necessary
if its a trusted internal system, ie: not internet facing.  Good idea to
setup an anonymous FTP area maybe to restrict where FTPers can go, but a
firewall sounds a bit like overkill, really.

Cheers

Ronan