[Sussex] Resolutions

Ronan Chilvers ronan at thelittledot.com
Fri Aug 12 10:39:39 UTC 2005

Hi Steve

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 11:04:50 +0100
Steve Dobson <steve at dobson.org> wrote:

<snip>
> Ronan
>
> > Any ideas anyone?  If you need to know anything else let me know. I
> > can attach over xorg.conf files, etc as required.
>
> I am still using XF86, but I think the configs are still the same.
>
> Take a look in your config and look for the "Screen" section.
> In there I have some lines like:
>      Subsection "Display"
> 	Depth 24
> 	Modes "1024x768" ....
>      EndSubSection
> Make sure that there is an entry for the resolution you want.  In fact
> make it the one and only and try that.  The error log then my give you
> a hint.  It might be the driver that your using for the graphics card.
</snip>

Exactly how I have it.  If I change the modes list to only include
1280x1024, I end up with a virtual desktop bigger than the monitor.

Weird, eh!?!

What was stranger is that if I try to use any modelines other than the
driver native ones, the display falls apart and I can only get 640x480
in a corner of the screen, which isn't really what I'm after!!!!????!!!!

I've attached my xorg.conf file for general perusal.  Don't know if you
can spot anything strange in there...

The USB CDwriter I got a the worthing BCF works great by the
way.  Great idea aren't they!!

Cheers

Ronan