[Sussex] LXF Tutorials [Was: SuSE 9.3 installing stuff thats not an RPM ???]

John D. john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk
Sat Aug 13 02:21:44 UTC 2005

Frances Fleming wrote:
> On Fri Aug 12 22:12:39 BST 2005, John D. wrote:
>
>> after Frances'
>> excellent explaination of how to decypher LXF tutorials I'm trying to
>> have a go at following the GIMP tutorials.
>>

> Thanks, John! I enjoyed Saturday morning :)
>
> BTW, I've been through that Cityscape tutorial (LXF64) with a fine tooth
> comb and have typed up a complete step-by-step with no omissions.
> The artwork comes out very successfully.
> I'll mail the HTML file to you.
>
> Fay
>
> Now, if only I could crack the lightning bolt from the credit card
> tutorial ...
> That's in LXF65 in case anyone cares ;-)
Well, it's stupid oclock in the morning and I still haven't worked out
how to add the extra bits from the gimp-registry, which is rather
annoying as I've gone back to square one, and dug out all my back issues
(back to no 38 when the gimp tutorials started), and I'm no clearer as
to how to progress.

You'd have thought, that as the tutorials are supposed to be beginner
level (especially in the earlier ones), then they'd have used examples
with "stock gimp" tools, filters etc. They haven't. So much for not
needing any prior knowledge !

Still, TVM for the html version of the cityscape Fay, I'll work through
it again and see how I get on. I can remember most of what you explained.

regards

John D.