[Sussex] Syncing calendars between Exchange and Open Standards

Geoffrey Teale gteale at cmedresearch.com
Mon Aug 15 14:26:10 UTC 2005

On Monday 15 August 2005 15:15, Mark Harrison (Groups) wrote:
----- %< -----
> Anyone got any ideas?
>
> Mark

Well.. the only thing I know of is Emacs - there's Emacs LISP out there that
knows how to read the meeting request e-mails that Outlook/Exchange sends out
and convert them into emacs calendar entries and there's more Emacs LISP that
convert those entries into iCal format.

Even so, to use this code server side would still need someone with E-LISP
skills to wire it all up for you and I'm really not sure it would fulfil your
clients requirement.  I imagine that they're looking for seemless integration
between the two systems - I think that's likely to require custom coding
however you look at it.

... of course, people who spend more time with this kind of technology than me
may well have better ideas.

--
Geoffrey Teale
Development Team Leader

Cmed Group Ltd
Holmwood, Broadlands Business Campus,
Langhurstwood Road, Horsham, RH12 4QP, United Kingdom

T +44(0)1403 755 071
F +44(0)1403 755 051
E gteale at cmedresearch.com W www.cmedresearch.com