[Sussex] Evolution.

Mark Harrison (Groups) mph at ascentium.co.uk
Fri Aug 19 11:07:54 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I'm now running Evolution on Ubuntu as my main mail client for my
"groups" accounts for which I use a separate email address on a
different server, and which I grab straight from my ISP's mail server to
my client. (Thus keeping several thousand messages a week away from the
main mail system).

One slight annoyance.

I have the box set up to poll for new messages once a minute. 99.9% of
the time, this works.

About once a day, however, for whatever reason, it fails to connect to
my ISP. When this happens, it pops up an application-modal dialog box
that says "ooh, I couldn't connect" or words to that effect.

Is there any way to tell Evolution not to warn me about this, but just
carry on trying at longer intervals until it works? If I go away for a
day, I can come back to find that it barfed shortly after I left, and I
then watch it receive 3-400 messages over the next five minutes, which
is tedious.

Mark