[Sussex] Ha Ha! Almost complete Gentoo success!

John D. john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk
Sat Aug 20 18:13:30 UTC 2005

Well, it's taken a while, but I've now got my gentoo back up and
running. Not in a "look at me, I've just done Gentoo stage 1" boastful
sort of way, just a "whoa! Bogus! Excellent!" sort of way.

I did enjoy the SuSE 9.3 that Dave C. gave me, but there seemed to be
just too much stuff that had been "SuSEised" for my liking (seemingly
even more that mandrake/mandriva do). It was very clever and an
enjoyable experience, but I'm pleased to be back with the gentoo.

All I have to do now is finish off emerging world plus dog - just a
shame that it can take a while! Ho Hum! Coffee anyone?

regards

John D.