[Sussex] Upgrading from RHEL to Fedora

Jon Fautley jfautley at redhat.com
Tue Aug 30 10:22:28 UTC 2005

Richie Jarvis wrote:
> Fedora Core is very very good at upgrading - just pop the install disk
> in, and it will find, and upgrade your system without trashing it -
> obviously make sure you make a backup of anything important first though!

That would be my recommended way of doing it. It should be possible with
up2date, just replace the redhat-release RPM, and switch your up2date
source to the Fedora repository, but I really wouldn't recommend it.

Binary upgrade from the CD's is the way to go - I think the FC installer
should recognise RHEL.

Regards,

Jon
--
Jon Fautley <jfautley at redhat.com>     direct: +44 1483 739615
 Presales Technical Consultant        office: +44 1483 300169