[Sussex] Free Opera registrations

Geoffrey Teale gteale at cmedresearch.com
Wed Aug 31 17:06:02 UTC 2005

Missed a bit:

Steve Dobson wrote:
>>No!  Here I have to disagree.  I have a very valid reason for taking
>>Opera up on their offer.  I like to design web pages that "Work with
>>Any Browser".  I'm sure you support that campaign.  Therefore the more
>>browsers I can use to test my sites with the more I am likely to design
>>my web pages browser neutral.

Ah.. but that isn't a choice, you're just using everything then.   I can
  see from a technical standpoint this is useful, but it isn't actively
choosing proprietary software above free software.

Equally I would suggest that the best way to support interoperability
would be to rigidly stick to the W3C recommendations and regularly make
complaints to the writers of all browsers that don't comply with them.  :-)

That's a much better long term strategy than just tearing your hair out
trying to navigate through 20 different browser DOMs.

--
G.J. Teale
Development Team Leader

Cmed Group Ltd.
Holmwood, Broadlands Business Campus,
Langhurstwood Road, Horsham, RH12 4QP, United Kingdom

T +44(0)1403 755 071
F +44(0)1403 755 051
E gteale at cmedresearch.com  W www.cmedresearch.com