[Sussex] Free Opera registrations

Stephen Williams sdp.williams at btinternet.com
Wed Aug 31 20:43:28 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 20:09 +0100, Geoffrey J. Teale wrote:
> Stephen Williams wrote:
>
> >Oh for God's sake!

Just a sign of my exasperation at the way this particular thread was
going - clearly degenerating into a "how many angels can dance on the
head of a pin" variety. Or fairies, if you're an atheist.

It was getting a bit like the Tory party leadership (oxymoron at the
moment) contest. %-(

Steve.

> Interesting way to respond to an atheist :-P
>
> >teale teale_g # emerge --emptytree life
> >
> >Sorry, I forgot, you're using Ubuntu now:
> >
> >teale teale_g # apt-get install life
> >

> Actually I'm only using Ubuntu at work (we use Ubuntu for everything at
> work) here I'm (mostly) using Arch Linux, and as Life and Work should
> never mix I'd suggest:
>
> [tealeg at halfdane ~]$ sudo pacman -S life
> life: not found in sync db
>
> Darn it :-(  Can you tell me where to get the source and I'll make a
> package.

williams_sdp at kochanski ~ $ sudo emerge -p life

Calculating dependencies
emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "life".

Bummer, not in gentoo either.

williams_sdp at kochanski ~ $ sudo emerge -p work

Calculating dependencies
emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "work".

Ha, I could live with this though!