[Sussex] Odbc.so problem with Fedora core 4

Ronan Chilvers ronan at thelittledot.com
Thu Dec 8 16:28:30 UTC 2005

Hi Brendan

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 16:07:56 -0000
"Brendan Whelan" <b_whelan at mistral.co.uk> wrote:

> John and Ronan,
>
> Thanks for the suggestions:
>
> Using md5sum on the two files gave the same result
> (As I wrote in an earlier email I suspect that I copied the odbc.so
> to where the php was looking for it.)

So the odbc.so file in question is a copy of the old PHP4 one?  If so
that's the root of your problems. You need an odbc module that matches
your PHP version.

> I am using /etc/php.ini the file and this was overwritten during the
> upgrade (I had to reset some values e.g. timeouts).

Ok, and is /etc/php.ini what appears in the phpinfo printout?  Are your
tweaks being honoured?

> I suspect that if I can find a new version of odbc.so for Fedora 4 /
> PHP 5 then everything will work.
>
> Any suggestions,

A couple.  Firstly, check that the php5 odbc module rpm is
installed.  Your configure line indicates that its a shared module.
I'm not an RPMer but something like:-

rpm -qa | grep -i odbc

should give you a list of packages with odbc in their title.  Is a
PHP5 odbc package listed?

Second suggestion is to recompile from source.  PHP5 is easy to
compile.  This is the way I always go.  You then know exactly where
your libs are and what you've compiled when.

Cheers
--
Ronan
e: ronan at thelittledot.com