[Sussex] AMD Sempron Chips and BIG backups

Ronan Chilvers ronan at thelittledot.com
Mon Dec 12 12:12:26 UTC 2005

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:56:42 +0000
Desmond Armstrong <desmond.armstrong at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have installed Linux on many machines including those using Intel,
> AMD and Via processors. They all work very well. With Windows AMD
> processors frequently need software patches.
> Linux - it just works.
> The problems, when I get them, are usually with graphics cards.

Thanks Colin and Desmond!  The lower price and lower power consumption
make the AMDs pretty attractive so I think I'll spec up a machine with
one and see what I get...  I can side-step any graphics card problems
because I won't be using a GUI, which is handy :) !!!!  Don't fancy
wrestling with that!

Cheers
--
Ronan