[Sussex] PS3 is lot more open then you think

Richie Jarvis richie at helkit.com
Wed Dec 28 13:50:08 UTC 2005

Dominic Humphries wrote:
> A Linux-based (dual-CPU!) handheld console. I got one of the first run,
> as I'm
> not the most patient person ;o)
Nice....

I got a PSP for chrimbo - wondering whether it was the right choice now!
  I am sure someone will enable Linux on the PSP though, the hacking
scene seems to be very active!
> I'm still using its predecessor, the GP32, for games, as the emulators
> aren't too spectacular yet, but I've got Quake running on it just fine,
> and DVD-ripped
> movies are superb. Xmas was at my gf's parents this year, and having Ice
> Age,
> Red Dwarf Series I, and the first three Wallace&Gromit films stored on
> SD cards
> helped me stay alive ;o)
Well - I am just xferring my christmas Cosmic Jam DVD onto the PSP right
now - what a pain in the bum, having to convert everything to MPEG 4 :(

Wish it had native DiVx support....

Richie