[Sussex] ISP recommendation

John D. john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk
Sat Dec 31 02:20:49 UTC 2005

Gareth Ablett wrote:

> Hi
> I have an eclipse (http://www.eclipse.net.uk) business/home ADSL
> 1024/256 account its not a bad price, I have 6 ip address but could
> request more with sutiable reason. you can have cables only or they
> offer hardware.
>
> there service is very rarely down I believe they have had one problem
> in the last 18 months odd.
>
> The best feature I find is the flex i can up it to 2048/256 for a
> period of hours at 7p an hour (half price currently at 3.5p)
>
> The tech support is good although i've not needed to use it much. and
> they have no minimum contract period
>
> best idea is to check www.adslguide.org
> <http://www.adslguide.org> with what peopl have mentioned.

Well Gareths suggestion was one of the ones that I looked into (and
subsequently signed up for) when I was looking for a better deal.

I also initially signed up for the same thing i.e. 1024/256, static IP
(yes I've also been allocated 6 - it's free but you do have to ask), etc
etc - strangely enough, when I read Gareths reply,  although my service
_WAS_ the 1024/256 one, it reminded me of something so having just
checked - as the "flex" service was originally so that you could speed
things up on a temporary basis, mine has obviously been upgraded and now
can't be "flexed" as it's permanently at 2048/256 - which is fine (i.e.
same price).

The one problem was recent (check the archives at the register), it did
last some hours, but settled down to be the usual reliable service - I'm
happy with it.

Eclipse is actually owned by Kingston (the "phones" round Hull) - but
based in Exeter.

regards

John D.

p.s. Gareth, check your account, as it also may have been upgraded to
the 2 meg service so theres no flex charges now!