Crackling Lines : was Re: [Sussex] network problems + how to solve ???

nik nik at reducedhackers.com
Sat Feb 5 10:31:11 UTC 2005

Ive been experiencing Crackling lines on a intermittent basis. Ive got
the bt provided spiltter that mounts on the wall ( as per Mr Browns
comments ) and as Mr Jarvis commented I  to have a known good phone
which i plugged in directly ..

Interestingly enough i find that the BT guys cant locate the issue,
despite listening to a recording. They also agree that the issue is
intermittent but cant locate it.

We have however narrowed it down to occuring during prolonged periods of
damp.

The two engineers that have visited have commented that since my line is
delivered overhead through some ( quite frankly ) very old lines and
poles it may be not playing with the kit they installed recently in the
little green box at the end of the road ! hmmmph not really a answer or
a fix ...

but the line crackle goes on , and off , since im not using my land line
for more than Dominos or Curry spices ive not really worried to much...

It is however good to know that others are experiencing it and its
likely cause if BT kit ... somewhere