[Sussex] Re: crackling lines

John D. john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk
Sat Feb 5 23:39:03 UTC 2005

Sorry, should have just hit the "reply to" tab on Richies offer of a loan
of a 4 port Speedtouch. Erm yes please, I'll pop by the fair tomorrow.

As for the 4 REN limit, well while it's possible we may have exceeded
that, I never had any problems prior to changing from pipex to eclipse,
though now the line supports 2 mb, they probably put a new piece of kit in
there somewhere. So if the comments from the bloke as Solwise, plus whats
been posted here, again that's possible.

Because, with 2 sky boxes, 2 phones and the adsl router/modem (though I
shouldn't have thought that should matter as it doesn't need to "ring" -
and the phones worked fine prior to..... ) not forgetting, that as soon as
someone mentioned the crackling lines, I recognised that straight away -
but yes, it's intermittent.

@ Steve D. yes I understand your comment re the sky contract, but as we
changed over to sky+ just before crimbo it's now back to square one
inasfaras the sky+ box must remain connected, and the old sky box which
was sited in the bedroom should apparently still stay connected for the 12
month as well due to the fact that although it's a second full
subscription, it's at the subsidised price of £10 a month (all the sports
and films etc ) and they (apparently) don't like not being able to monitor
the box/account/viewing card (which is tough shit at the moment as it's
still unplugged).

TTFN CU tomorrow.

regards

John D.