[Sussex] RedHat Certification...

Richie Jarvis richie at helkit.com
Mon Feb 7 22:17:11 UTC 2005

nik wrote:

> Richie Jarvis wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> After seeing the question recently on the BLUG list, I am now
>> seriously thinking (and trying to get my company to pay for) a RHCE
>> course and exam.  Has anyone had any experience of locally run courses?
>

> um ... actually YES!
> WDR here in horsham ran courses a while back ..  i was not that
> impressed, you can get all certified up and still have no real benefit
> from the training. Personally i like the sairs course work and exams
> .. you feel much more aware afterwards...

Interesting - however, part of the reason for doing this for me is to:
a) Cement knowledge in my own head, and pickup the bits that are missing
b) Get something recognised on my CV
c) Have an interesting holiday from work ;)

> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/archive/46/2004/11/3/203896
> http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=sairs+linux+certification&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Interesting - never heard of SAIRS before - apart from being better, is
it as recognised as deadrat?

> of course this does not really answer your question... and its a good
> thing because you really should just Use Debian [1]

*BAH*

> Nik
>
> [1] there I said it..

And I ignored it, sorta.....

Incidentally, one day I will actually get around to finishing off this
debian (there, I said it!) install on my laptop....  Gotta fix the
wireless card and am TIRED dammit!