[Sussex] Online with Ubuntu

Richie Jarvis richie at helkit.com
Tue Feb 8 08:54:03 UTC 2005

Gavin Stevens wrote:
> The hardest thing right now is not having Sylpheed, my top favourite
> e-mail client of all time. Evolution annoyed me within about a minute
> because it wanted to get all of my e-mails from all accounts in one go.
> So I'm stuck with Mozilla Thunderbird for now, which has the old
> Netscrape rubbish set up where it allows multiple pop servers but only
> one smtp server.
Thunderbird does allow multiple SMTP servers to be used, simply go into
the Tools/Account Settings menu, scroll to the SMTP servers, and click
advanced within there - you can then add SMTP servers for each account.

To make an account use a specific SMTP server, click on the account to
change, and click Advanced in the server settings page, then select the
SMTP tab to force that account to use a different SMTP server.

HTH

Richie