[Sussex] Sound Advice Requested

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Tue Feb 8 13:13:12 UTC 2005

Guys

I'm looking for a command line tool to configure the sound on my
systems.  I use esd as my sound device and that all works fine.
The problem is that when the laptop (for example) boots while the
volume is set okay the PCM setting is not, and mplayer(1) will is
very quite until I run the Gnome Volume Control and set it.

Want I would like to do is have a command line tool that I
can script (in /etc/init.d) to configure the sound to my
liking automaticly on boot.  Is anyone out there already doing
this, and if so what tool do you use?

Ta