[Sussex] Online with Ubuntu

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Tue Feb 8 22:54:57 UTC 2005

Geoff

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 09:06:42PM +0000, Geoffrey Teale wrote:
> Ultimately we're agreeing here that different distros do different
> things well.

Of course, I never thought that you would disagree over the points I was
making.  I just wanted to join in the fun and look at things from a
different (my) point of view.

> I will continue to argue the toss with anyone who puts down any distro
> with a flippant remark about what Debian can do.

And long may you do so.  I'll even join in from time to time.

I will continue to preach "use Debian."  Not so much because I want
everyone to "use Debian" but because I want to show people the choices
they have.  I have often spoken out against the "wrong"[1] advice that
you and others have given.  I have always tried to back that up with
reasoned argument so that everyone can make an informed decision to
do the "right thing."

Steve

[1]
  There are two ways of doing any task, the wrong way and my way.
  :-)