[Sussex] Online with Ubuntu

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Tue Feb 8 23:55:13 UTC 2005

Steve,

Steve Dobson wrote:

>Hi Gavin
>
>On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 12:02:40AM +0000, Gavin Stevens wrote:
>

>>Finally got round to installing Ubuntu.
>>

>What!  Some one is leavin' the Debian fold.  This is a sad day.

I haven't left the Debian fold at all (the very thought makes me run cold).

I am merely trying Ubuntu for a while in the interests of research, the
primary purpose being to see if I can suggest this distro to newbies &
non-techie users. The early signs are encouraging. However, for myself,
I already miss the flexibility of Debian. Which is not to say that
Ubuntu doesn't have some very nice features (& it is Debian underneath).
My Debian installation broke while trying to upgrade to Sarge & it
seemed a good time to try Ubuntu.

Gavin.