[Sussex] Online with Ubuntu

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Thu Feb 10 07:59:08 UTC 2005

Gavin Stevens wrote:

> I used apt-get update & apt-get dist-upgrade (having added the testing
> URLs to apt-sources).

ADDED?

You should have changed every instance of "stable" or "woody" whichever you
had to either "testing" or "sarge" whichever you wanted to track.

As it is you probably have both package lists at the moment which will
confuse things.

Try fixing apt-sources and then apt-get update & apt-get dist-upgrade again.

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin at tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

  "Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
  "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat
                 - Lewis Carrol