[Sussex] Desktop

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Thu Feb 10 10:28:31 UTC 2005

Angelo

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 10:14:50AM -0000, Angelo Servini wrote:
> Oh by the way - I used to use KDE.
>
> (Looking sheepish - looks at knees, blushes - looks back up with
> insane grin on face)

Nothing wrong with KDE.

> Ermm..  I now use ... Gnome!   Yes I said it!  I feel better now.

As do I.  For me it is a preference, nothing more.

> I'm even beginning to like it.

I liked it from the start.  I have just tried IceWM on a [name deleted
because of an up and coming talk] where I didn't want a heavyweight
desktop.  When I've finished to configuration it will just have X
and the app running - no need for a window manager if it is a dedicated
box.

> One fing tho ... I dont know how to set up menu items.

If you're using Debian:
   Read /etc/menu/README

If your not using Debian:
   Install Debian