[Sussex] A problem with devpts

Thomas Adam thomas at edulinux.homeunix.org
Thu Feb 10 21:29:38 UTC 2005

Steve -

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 08:55:47PM +0000, Steve Dobson wrote:
> So, I should have said. Yes, it is. I event tried mounting a second
> time - I found documentation on the web saying you could, and should,
> do this for chroot environments.

Or doing a 'mount --bind'.  Hmm, I have to say I can't offer much of a
suggestion other than:

# cd /dev && MAKEDEV pty

Can you also double-check that you _do_ have devpts support in the
kernel.  Even if you "grep -i pts /boot/config-$(uname -r)" and paste
the output in here so that we can see it...

-- Thomas Adam

--
I know nothing, and understand even less.