[Sussex] Does anyone know when/if the next issue of Linux Formatis due out?

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Fri Feb 11 11:49:20 UTC 2005

Mark

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 08:32:20AM +0000, Mark Barber wrote:
> Hi Steve - I've never had to do a fresh install with Mandrake. Mostly
> urpmi just beavers away in the background. I did have a slight issue
> with 10.1 though as they changed the ADSL configuration and I lost my
> connection until I took the plunge to the 2.6 kernel (my last go lost
> the USB see posts past).

Hay, we've all had a share of issues, just look at my recent posts.

> Also had a play with Mandrakes version of Knoppix - Move - very good.

Well of course, Knoppix is Debian based :-)

> In my opinion as a user, as long as people keep deluding themselves that
> compiling is acceptable, the worlds richest man can sleep soundly at night.

Why isn't compiling acceptable as one of many alternatives.  I have to
agree with Geoff, that if you "feel the need, the need for speed" you have
to compile it yourself.  If you don't want to compile then don't use
Gentoo or LFS.

> Time to stop this distro p***ing competition and get on with the
> spreading the word.

Why, mine was tongue in cheek, and always meant to be.  I was just having
a little fun.  If you took it the wrong way sorry.  But in the words of
someone who's opinion is respected on this list, it was "Just For Fun".

I've said before on this list, and other places too, that I believe in
choice.  Choice for you to selected the distro that best suits you (and
that includes Windows).