[Sussex] Does anyone know when/if the next issue of Linux Formatis due out?

Thomas Adam thomas at edulinux.homeunix.org
Fri Feb 11 18:52:45 UTC 2005

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 06:48:01PM -0000, John D. wrote:
> Thomas' bloat comment, well that's not so important as I don't do
> anything that would really cause any problem - I don't really know
> much about those sort or problems/inconveniences.

I'll clarify that.  I was not referring directly to the old polemic of
"Emacs versus Vi" bloat.  I was referring more to the fact that XEmacs
feels the need to load up x^y number of compiled lisp files -- which
Emacs simply does not.  Again, see the EmacsWiki, as there are some good
suggestions about how to minimise this characteristic of Xemacs.

Further to your comment about icons -- yes, XEmacs does have an toolbar
that you can use.  Might I suggest taking a moment, after it has loaded,
doing the internal tutorial -- it's interesting.

> Thanks for the suggestions/replies

You're welcome.

-- Thomas Adam

--
I know nothing, and understand even less.