[Sussex] Mythtv: Call of hands

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Mon Feb 14 12:36:29 UTC 2005

Karl

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 12:17:46PM +0000, Karl E. Jorgensen wrote:
> I'm just getting started on my mythtv presentation for the next moot
> [yes: I know: running late...]
>
> To make sure that I'm not telling grandmothers to suck eggs, I'd love to
> have a quick survey of how much you guys know about mythtv already:
>
> - Have you heard of mythtv?

Yes

> - Have you ever seen mythtv in action?

Yes - at the BCF and at home

> - Have you got Sky+ or equivalent?

No I have better - MythTV.

> - Do you use mythtv?

Didn't I just say that?

> Answers via email - private or via the list at your discretion!

We were promoting the talk at the BCF remember.  You have to assume
that some of your audience know nothing.  However, some of us already
know a bit about MythTV, but don't pander just to us.

Remember the law on this list is that MythTV is a banned topic until
after the Moot.  Technically I should now ban Karl (the next SLUGMoot
speaker)!  I think this is an exception to the law.

BUT REMEMBER THE TOPIC OF MYTYTH IS STILL BANNED.  You may answer
Karl's questions, but not ask for advice about MythTV, what it is,
how to fix it, etc until after the next Moot.

If you want to know more come to the moot this month - Thursday
24th Feb.

Steve - MootMeeting Law Giver :-)