[Sussex] synce - not connecting

Steve Williams sdp.williams at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 21 22:12:38 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 13:32 +0000, John D. wrote:
> Hi list, this is probably just a question for Steve Williams, but I
> haven't got his direct e-mail so......
>
> My XDA2s has decided that I won't connect.
>
> I can see it with *#lsusb*
>
> and the system seems to start when i try *#dccm -p ******** and
> *#synce-serial-start* then replies "synce-serial-start is waiting for
> your device to connect"

Remember you need to run dccm from your user account, and
synce-serial-start as root (su or suod I suggest).

As soon as you run synce-serial-start, you should see your XDA connect.

We didn't cover multisync for syncing your contacts etc. I can take you
through that as well if you wish. Let me know.

Steve.