[Sussex] privoxy

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 19:58:54 UTC 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:19:27 +0000, Colin Tuckley <colin at tuckley.org> wrote:
> Alan Pope wrote:
>
> > Apologies if it came across as larting you personally, it wasn't meant
> > that way. I just think whenever I see his site mentioned, the argument
> > against what he says has to be put.
>

> Second, the Shields up site :is: a useful site - especially for non-techie
> type Internet users. It's not the :best: site, but there is nothing actually
> wrong with it as a security testing service as far as it goes.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one then. The number of times
I've had to deflate situations where people have believed some of the
crap that guy spouts is quite astonishing.

I do understand that people need tools to enable them to ascertain
their system security/integrity but people also need non-inflamatory,
unbiased, sound advice. I don't think they get that from grc.

YMMV of course.

Cheers,
Al.