[Sussex] privoxy

Alan F alan at slug.greenmeads.co.uk
Thu Feb 24 00:30:44 UTC 2005

I've been using it for a while too, with few problems. The main thing
is when I'm viewing some code snippets which have things like open(),
it replaces what's being displayed with something like
PrivoxyOpen()... Ah well, not a big problem. False positives seem
pretty minimal too. I do notice pretty quickly when I forget to enable
it. :)

As for GRC, he does have some wacky/hysterical ideas, but he does have
a valid point every so often. If you remember the fuss he kicked up
about XP being able to use raw sockets by default, nobody really took
much notice of him, but Microsoft disabled raw sockets in SP2 a few
years later. To digress, I think he has some idea of what he's talking
about, but chooses to engage in hand waving by scaring the uninformed.

Just my opinion :)