[Sussex] Thunderbird customisation?

Karl E. Jorgensen karl at jorgensen.com
Thu Feb 24 07:30:16 UTC 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 04:29:17PM +0000, John D. wrote:
> Richie Jarvis wrote:
> So now the question is, does anyone know how I change the default
> browser that opens when I click a link, because epiphany opens at the
> moment and doesn't seem to want to actually download anything as far as
> I can tell, only open the target page? So that I'm having to copy and
> paste any link into opera to be able to d/l and get the option of where
> I want to save "it" to?

Sounds like you're using gnome. If so then go through the menus:
    Applications -> Desktop Preferences -> Advanced -> Preferred Applications

and you should be able to choose the web browser of your choice - or
even give the command you want executed for http links.

hope this helps
--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl at jorgensen.com   http://karl.jorgensen.com