[Sussex] Thunderbird customisation?

John D. john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk
Thu Feb 24 12:59:09 UTC 2005

Karl E. Jorgensen wrote:

>Sounds like you're using gnome. If so then go through the menus:
>    Applications -> Desktop Preferences -> Advanced -> Preferred Applications
>
>and you should be able to choose the web browser of your choice - or
>even give the command you want executed for http links.
>
>hope this helps

No, I'm a pretty "fixed" kde person.

I found out that I had to locate a file called "prefs.js", which I
eventually found in a directory called
/home/john/.thunderbird/mb4eu9d7.default and had to add

[quote]

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.ftp", "opera");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "opera");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.https", "opera");

[/quote]

too it. That seems to have done the trick. I also presume that it was
opening epiphany because gnome is the gentoo default environment,
because it's not mentioned anywhere in the prefs.js in the thunderbird
directory ????

Thanks for the suggestion though Karl.

regards

John D.